Proactive Threat Hunting is Key to any Cyber Defense Strategy
Based on the SANS 2020 Threat Hunting Survey Results, the survey authors Mathias Fuchs and Joshua Lemon will discuss key themes that emerged during their analysis of survey results, joined by a panel of experts. Each panelist shares their unique perspective, expertise, and best practices which can be leveraged by any organization.
Question answered during this discussion include:
- In light of the recent SolarWinds incident, could threat hunting have assisted organizations prior to the public media reports?
- Is it possible that dividing defensive operations into a "SOC," "IR team," "threat hunting team," and "threat intelligence team" is an over-specialization that is having negative effects on defense?
- How can threat hunters leverage threat intelligence to assist in operations?
- What are some ways in which hunting for dormant adversary assets can pay off for hunt teams?
- What do you see as the future for threat hunting and automation?
Start utilizing the power of threat hunting today.