United We Stand, Divided We Fall: 2019 Threat Landscape and the Influence of Sharing Communities
2019 showcased a variety of new tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and some new threat groups who utilize them. The cyber threat landscape is perpetually changing and becoming more complex as threat actors search for new ways to accomplish their objectives. While Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) plays an important role in tackling these threats, it is usually very challenging for defenders to choose the intelligence feed that is right for them. In addition, once this information is received, what are the next steps that can be taken to use that information in a proactive, rather than reactive, manner?
Even if the correct feed is found, given the limited visibility most feed providers have, a single feed might not be enough to provide full coverage. Therefore, it is valuable to leverage information sharing communities from the same industry and international peers, to be able to cope with evolving threats.
In this webcast we will cover:
- How the cyber threat landscape appeared in 2019
- The most common TTPs used by threat actors in 2019
- CTI’s role in tackling these TTPs
- Metrics to choose the right CTI feeds for your organization
- How leveraging information sharing across your regional and industry-related communities can be your best source for CTI