As organizations continue to expand and evolve their digital footprint, security analysts struggle to adapt operations quickly enough to ensure effective monitoring and response capabilities optimized for their environment. These challenges are even more difficult due to limited staff and expertise.
Enter extended detection and response or XDR. Depending on who you ask, you'll get differing opinions about what XDR is, where it came from, and whether or not you need it.
The fact is security teams continue to struggle to detect advanced threats, utilizing multiple security solutions from different vendors within their security infrastructure, with little integration of data or relevant threat intelligence.
These tools generate an alarming volume of alerts, leading to alert fatigue from analysts chasing false positives or not performing root cause analysis because they lack the intelligence and expertise to prioritize the alerts that matter.
- Security teams are also often working in siloed environments, creating security gaps that make it harder to collaborate, leading to more problems, including:
- Overwhelming volumes of data make it difficult to prioritize security efforts and response time
- They lack insight into global threats and incidents and are unable to recognize the potential impact of known and unknown threats
- The detection technologies they've installed are riddled with false positives that waste staff time
- The reliance on a single vendor and the inability to tune security controls across multi-vendor security stacks makes it harder to prioritize investigations and incident response efforts
This is where XDR solutions come into play. At Anomali. we've aligned ourselves with Gartner's definition of XDR, which states:
"XDR is a security threat detection and incident response tool that natively integrates multiple security products into a cohesive security operations system that unifies all licensed components." In layman's terms:
XDR provides a holistic, more straightforward view of threats across an organization's entire technology landscape, providing the real-time information needed to deliver threats to the right people for better, faster outcomes.
Security teams can no longer only rely on the same tools they've used for threat detection and response.
Automation and big data management are needed to collect data across all installed security telemetry, along with advanced intelligence to understand and correlate threats. The improved automation allows teams to sift through the never-ending deluge of data to pinpoint relevant threats and quickly respond to those that matter before they turn into something catastrophic.
Cloud-native extended detection and response (XDR) that automates the collection of threat data and drives detection, prioritization, and analysis, taking security from intelligence to detection in seconds.
The Anomali Platform is fueled by big data management, machine learning, and the world’s largest intelligence repository, to automatically correlate ALL security telemetry against active threat intelligence, enabling organizations to understand what's happening inside and outside their network.
With integrated investigation frameworks, like MITRE ATT&CK, organizations are able to defend throughout the entire attack lifecycle, gaining key insights into the stage of an attack and relevant intelligence on what to do about it. Predictive capabilities help understand what might happen next, and how to prevent it.
Anomali XDR delivers:
- Unified threat detection utilizing all installed security telemetry
- Precision detection with timely alerts to stop threats earlier
- Increased ROI with less administrative overhead
- Higher fidelity alerts to reduce false positives and empower stretched IT teams
- Retrospective search capabilities across 5+ years
- Artificial intelligence to understand attacker actions
- Automation capabilities for improved protection
- Integrated intelligence for deep visibility to understand the threat landscape
Take a look at our webinar to learn more about how we can help you Pinpoint Relevant Threats with XDR.